Harry Waldo Sr.
Waldo Brothers was officially started by Harry Waldo, Sr. as a Manufacturers’ Representative Agency in New Orleans, Louisiana, sometime in 1939. At that time, his office was a desk in the corner of an unrelated company. By the mid-1950’s, Waldo Brothers’ office was located on Howard Avenue and Harry’s son, Martial Waldo, had joined the firm.
On December 1st, 1967, Waldo Brothers was incorporated. The firm moved to Papworth Avenue in Metairie in 1968 and its present location on Ridgelake Drive in Metairie in 2021. After Harry Sr. died in 1970, his oldest son, Harry Jr., joined Martial in the business in March 1971.
Harry Waldo Jr.
Harry Jr’s daughter, Mary Kay Waldo-Cowen, joined the company in January 1977 and became majority owner in 2005. Denise Morris (having been with the firm since June 1990) became a partner of the corporation on December 31st, 2011.
Waldo Brothers, Inc. obtained certification as a WBE/DBE by the Louisiana Unified Certification Program on October 2009, HANO on February 2010, SLDBE with the City of New Orleans in October 2011 and is self-certified as an Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business Entity through the Federal SAM Program.
Waldo Brothers, Inc. represents manufacturers wanting to sell in the construction market in the State of Louisiana. Selling primarily in Southern Louisiana, one of the first lines taken on by Harry Sr. is still represented by the firm today; and Waldo Brothers is the oldest representative known for another one of the manufacturers. Most of the lines handled since the 1970’s are in Section 10 of the standard commercial construction specifications with several other lines in Sections 7, 8, 12 and 15. The company sells in the Marine, Industrial, Offshore, and Commercial construction markets.